The mobile app business is a very crowded and competitive industry, and if you have a business app (or looking to build one), then you know that it will need all the advantages and useful features that it can get.
One such feature is a taxi-hailing service that people can use to get to where you want them to go — hotels, restaurants, resorts, and the like. Most business apps can also benefit from logistics solutions that people can use to arrange deliveries, alternative modes of transports like bikes or scooters and future technologies like self-driving vehicles and even flying cars.
To obtain the features mentioned above, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel and go through the hassle of programming the platform from scratch. You can integrate an existing service into your mobile app and leverage their existing user base (and popularity). Well, that’s precisely what you can do with the Uber API.
In this article, we’ll go through some of the top reasons why businesses should consider Uber integration. Only then can you decide whether the Uber API is for you and steer your business in the right direction.
How Uber API Can Be Helpful to Use?
Let’s start with the obvious — integrating the API for Uber is a lot less work compared to developing the feature for your business app from scratch. Uber developers have already done the work for you. Hence, there’s no need to spend any amount of time or money programming such a feature. You can integrate the Uber API directly and focus on generating additional revenue through your business app.
Not compelling enough for you? Here are five more reasons why businesses integrate Uber APIs for their mobile apps:
- Offer a measure of convenience for app users. Developers of the Uber API allows businesses to collaborate with the taxi-hailing platform. App users are bound to appreciate the fact that they can to their destination with just a few taps on their smartphone. As you might imagine, such a feature can be handy to just about any business — events planning, restaurants, tours, etc.
- Integrating the Uber API to your business app spares you the trouble of having to consult with a local taxi service. You don’t need to prepare documents or sign off on agreements that may not be beneficial to your business. Uber developers have already prepared the infrastructure for you, along with access to a readily available taxi fleet and alternative modes of transport (bikes, scooters, etc.)
- By integrating the Uber API to your business app, you promote their taxi-hailing service as an Uber partner for Android and iOS. Uber will, of course, compensate you for the trouble (up to $5 for each taxi ride ordered through your business app).
- Of course, Uber is more than just a taxi-hailing platform but a complete logistics solution. Developers for Uber has also prepared an API that caters to the needs of businesses. No matter how small (or big) your business is, you can gain peace of mind knowing that you can solve any logistics problem you might have with a few taps on your smartphone.
- Once you’ve integrated the Uber API to your business app, you can start offering $30 credit to first-time users. It’s a good incentive for new users to try your app (and Uber as well). Hence, it’s a win-win for both Uber and your business. Yet another good reason for a business to give Uber API integration a try.
What is the Process of Integrating the Uber API into an App?
Now that you’ve learned about the advantages that Uber developers offer through their API, you might be eager to get started. While we won’t get into the technical details and Uber API tutorials, it is well worth learning about the following general steps:
- The first step is to have your development team study the Uber API documentation. Access to the Uber API is subject to approval by Uber, so it’s well worth making sure that developers are well-versed in its’ implementation before applying for access to the API.
- Once approved, Uber will send an SDK (Software development Kit) to your development team, which they’ll have to study. Only then can they determine the best with to integrate the Uber API to your mobile app.
- The next step is for developers to register for access to the Uber Developer Dashboard. From here, developers can link your business app with the Google maps uber integration.
- Developers proceed with setting up the Uber SDK to work with your mobile platform (iOS, Android, or both).
- Developers will use the Uber SDK to add an Uber Ride Request button and other pertinent functions to the business app. Anything that people can use to submit an Uber service request through your mobile app.
As you may have already realized, the successful integration of the Uber API to your business app hinges on your team of developers. Hence, it’s essential to make sure that you’re working with a team of developers who are well-versed in the process. These professionals can complete the integration in a matter of days (up to four days). Once completed, your business is sure to benefit from the competitive edge offered by taxi-hailing giant and help provide a positive experience to users of your mobile app.